Monday, September 16, 2019

136cm Monster King Landed






Sorry there is no video this time.

Camera fucked up and went into hyper lapse in the panic and vision was recorded at 5b times normal speed (unusable)

Got the early vision of the livey and a pretty uneventful day but unfortunately it ran out of batteries at the worst possible time just as the fish struck.

I managed to get some photos extracted from video on my other camera but this is the best I've got.

The fish was exponentially harder than my previous PB fish (124 cm ) but on an Accurate Valiant spooled with 100Lb it was up in 10 minutes.

I got a lot of luck. Despite originally swimming towards the bombie it made a huge mistake by changing direction and heading north. I reckon it was on its side mid water for a couple of minutes before i could make any headway with the line. In between it continued to take line and pulsate though I managed to keep it mid water. I wasn't 100 percent what I had though the fact that it hadn't come to the surface early was a good sign. To see the colour at depth after being towed 3/4 of a kilometre north was amazing.

Anyway happy days. The fish was way too big to put in the hatch. I had to put in on my lap and paddle the whole way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment